Finance Controller Services
- Financial Controller services for Start-Ups/ Corporates/ Foreign Companies.
- Online processing of account books.
- Increase in Outsource services according to the accounting needs.
- 100% best bookkeeping and reporting on time.
- Best Financial Controller Services in India with 140+ outsourcing clientele.
- Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance controller services reflect the true nature of cash flow in the organization through general ledgers and other financial statements such as balance sheets and income statements.
They are senior-level managers overseeing day-to-day financial operations. They have acclaimed the title of ‘company historian’ and execute the proper supervision of the account books and records of the company.
Finance Controller- Roles and Responsibilities-
Financial Controllers are the lead accountants of a company. They are responsible for the accounts and bookkeeping of the company. Their role with the size of the business.
- Small companies: detailed accounting tasks beyond the skills of the company’s bookkeepers
- Mid-size companies: functions relate to project management, technology, insurance, and other compliance functions
- Large enterprises: collaborate with the CFOs, CAOs, finance managers, and treasurers to control the functions of administration and finance.
Finance controllers collaborate with the IT department to enhance the functioning of the organization. They work within the financial department, conduct audits, and stay updated with the state and federal tax reports to stay on top of the insurance policies. They work in collaboration with the HR department and assist in the hiring process for their department.
Financial controllers oversee the day-to-day financial operations of a business. Their education, expertise, and licensing are finance and account-centric with expertise in their field. They align with the CFO in bookkeeping and other regulatory compliances.
The day to day Finance Controller services are-
- Ensure payments from debtors and creditors
- Collaborate with the general accounting operations
- Maintain the bank accounts and corporate credit cards
- Communicate with the certified public accountants (CPAs)
- Manage internal policies and controls for proper functioning
- Create financial reports to collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Timely filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual federal and state tax forms
They strive to get things done correctly in the first place. They work out in the best possible manner through adequate workflows and processes to close any room for human error.
When Does a Company Need a Controller?
Every business owner wishes to grow but the growth in business brings with itself the problems of accounts handbook keeping. Generally, accountants and bookkeepers are hired to maintain the accounting books but at a later stage, the business exceeds the financial data skills of the business owners and outside stakeholders.
At this stage, the business owner requires the services of a financial controller. We can discuss the common scenarios leading to the need for finance controller services as under -
Growth and Expansion
The role of an accountant starts when the business outgrows its bookkeeper’s abilities. A controller helps you execute complex accounting transactions with internal controls and company policies intact.
They overshadow the bookkeepers in their expertise of liaisoning with auditors & other tax professionals and anti-forgery methods of saving the business against frauds.
Companies with a revenue of more than $5 million have to hire a finance controller to overcome the accounting complexities at this stage. This enables them to focus on their business growth without pondering over the accounting needs.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Start-ups and venture capitalists hire a controller to generate financial statements fulfilling their GAAP requirements. These expanding organizations are in need of constant expert supervision to plan for any upcoming hindrance well in advance.
Skills set of a Financial Controllers
Finance Controller Services prove useful in times of crisis owing to their strategic skills and expertise. These accounts experts apply several sets of skills according to the needs of the company but their social and communication skills remain the same. You can understand the required skills of a controller through the following points-
Dynamic awareness of the sector
The accounting field tends to accomplish its deals with transparency and accuracy. In-depth knowledge of the accounting field helps the controller attain progress in the tasks assigned to them at a rapid pace.
The controller possesses advanced knowledge of computer and IT gadgets. They are skilled enough to apply their technical soundness according to the job requirement. Technological awareness enables the controller to manage the accounting needs of the organization efficiently.
A financial controller strives for greater business efficiency through an in-depth analysis of the business process and preparing a design layout in order to make them more adept at the business requirements.
Enhanced administrative and accounting skills
The Finance Controller tends to enhance the business on all fronts through their educational and practical experience. They have previous experience of team handling and leading the business through adverse times. They give the required guidance in times of need.
Long term strategic planning
A controller looks after the financial prudence of your organization. They manage financial affairs with the utmost expertise and provide the most suitable expert advice for future financial decisions. Their primary task is to bring the strategic planning to its focal length to help maximize the profits in the long run and in the short run as well.
A financial controller performs a comparative cost analysis on the basis of income behavior. They showcase proficiency in analysis and prepare a responsible compilation and approval of financial reports before breaking them out into data. This data suggests areas for improvement and prepares the parameters of success of the financial states of the company.
Difference between A CFO and a controller
Finance Controllers and CFOs have a different set of individual roles. They are interdependent and work together to help the organization attain its goals and objectives. However, they have a few differences provided as under-
1. Financial Controllers are experts at accounts. They possess technical and precise accounting skills and do not sway away from Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and tax rules. On the other hand, CFO bears the responsibility of financial planning and suggest capital market and investments.
2. Finance Controller Services adhere to accuracy-focused procedures and deadlines with finite duties relating to the accounting procedures of the company. On the contrary, CFOs work on more strategic issues with a long line of sight. They give suggestions to maintain the economic health of the company.
3. Controllers provide accurate ledgers and smooth accounting systems. They stabilize the recurring variance and maintain your balance sheets smoothly. The Financial Controllers strive to reflect the result attained by the data accurately enhancing the decision-making abilities of the management. On the other hand, the CFOs scan markets, make economic forecasts and predict the upcoming competitive opportunities and threats. They make recommendations for the areas of inefficiency with proper planning and execution.
4. Controllers get ingrained within the workflow and help develop, disseminate and monitor internal controls safeguarding the company assets and blocking any further possibilities of error or fraud. On the contrary, the CFOs attest to the internal controls and make external observations pertaining to partnership investigation, exploring investment opportunities, and acquisitions.
Tools used by Finance Controllers
With the advent of technology, Financial Controllers are upgrading themselves from spreadsheets. New accounting and financial software have evolved with better accounting expertise. They opt for these softwares as per the requirement and needs of the company. They can choose among the following tools-
Finance and accounting software-
These books include the general ledger,subledgers, a separate section for journal entries, bifurcated journal entries, and an asset register to help better classification of accounts.
Global consolidation software:
This software helps the different divisions and business units merge the geographically dispersed individual finances.
Financial reporting software:
These tools help the Financial controller generate the financial statements of the company. This proves helpful in modeling their strategy and analysis of the financial health of the company.
Inventory, payroll, billing, and compliance software:
These software access all the aspects of the accounting needs of the company and keep an eye on the accounting needs of the company to enhance decision making.
Technology provides critical assistance to the controllers in all aspects of their job. This leveraging technology enhances the multi-faceted role of a Finance Controller in balancing the strategic and traditional responsibilities in the company. These modern accounting softwares reduce their rigorous workload and assist them in overcoming their tasks in a smart manner.
A controller oversees a business's day-to-day financial operations. They execute their responsibilities in the form of a company historian and are accountable for the company’s book and records.
They are important as they give you expert advice in accounting and compliance matters and keep an eye on the policies and procedures of the company. They are related in all aspects of the operations with the proper application of their hard and soft skills.
They provide timely and error-free accounting records with their own insights on further enhancement of the financial condition of the company. They help in better decision-making of the managerial decisions in respect to their financial requirements.
A finance controller performs several significant roles, such as-
- Bookkeeping and other accounting functions.
- Create policies to control the expenditure of the company.
- Coordinate with the external tax accountants.
- Set up and maintain bank accounts of the company.
- Ensure timely payment from the company debtors and other customers.
The working of a Finance Manager and a Controller differs in the aspect that the manager plays a role in the management of the company finances whereas a controller focuses solely on the accounting needs of the company.
No, a Finance Controller is not an accountant. The duties of a controller expand beyond that of an accountant in respect to the accounting operations of the firm. The controller looks beyond the responsibilities of an accountant and helps in making policies for the cost-effective operation of the company.