Expatriates employed and living in India fall under the gambit of income tax. Especia offers expatriate taxation services to ex-pats and NRIs. Our services include-
- We advise our clients on FRRO (Foreign Regional Registration Office) registration matters. For example, explaining the terms and conditions of FRRO registration.
- We also assist our clients in filling their FRRO forms and making a set of documents required during the interview.
- We review the expatriate employment agreement from both parties.
- We help our clients in computing the income tax after considering all relevant provisions. We also aid in reducing the overall tax liability by determining if our clients are eligible for certain tax deductions.
- We prepare the income tax return as prescribed by the income tax department.
Overall, our ex-pat taxation services aim to handle taxation matters in a way in which the expatriates feel tension-free.
Expats/Expatriates Meaning in India:
Expatriates are the professionals deployed by the companies to their associated enterprises or subsidiaries in another country, temporarily or permanently. The country in which they are deployed is different from their country of citizenship.
Whether an expatriate employee is a resident individual or non-resident individual, the amount received by him as salary for services rendered in India is liable to income tax under the head "salaries". Several provisions like gross-up and the average rate of tax make the Income-tax calculation for expats a complex matter.
Our Experts at Especia Associates LLP, a leading expatriate taxation services are well versed in dealing with Tax on Expats, NRI Taxation/Tax services, tax services for the US, Japan, Korea, China & Other countries expats, tax preparation for expats. We adopt the practices that are in the best interest of the expatriates as well as the Indian Company in which they have been deployed. We are offering services in Noida, Delhi, Gurgaon, NCR & Other Regions in India.
Any foreigner national who comes to India for more than 180 days on a student visa, business visa, medical visa or employment visa has to register with Foreign Regional Registration Office (FRRO) within 14 days of arrival in India (24 hours in case of Pakistan Nationals).
How do we help?
- Advising on FRRO registration matters and helping in understanding the terms and conditions of FRRO registration,
- Assisting in completing the FRRO form and scheduling the interview,
- Assisting in making a set of required documents at the time of attending the interview.
We also have liaised with the field officers to ensure quick and hassle-free completion of checks and inquiries (only if all the documents are completed and the objective is genuinely correct).
Review of the expatriate employment agreement:
Every company enters into an employment agreement with the expatriates to discuss the terms and conditions of the employment along with finalizing the other provisions of employment.
We review the expatriate employment agreement from both the parties' side - company as well as employees. During our review, we ensure that we provide reasonable assurance about the terms and conditions mentioned in the employment.
Preparation & Computation of Income & Taxes:
Expatriates have to take care of certain important provisions while computing their taxable income and the taxes thereon. Complex provisions like "gross-up" etc. have to dealt expertly else income tax authorities may impose severe penalties.
Our expert team assists in computing the income by taking all the relevant provisions into consideration. We also help in claiming the eligible tax deductions which can reduce the overall tax liability.
Preparation & Submission of Income Tax Return:
Accurate computation of income is half the mission accomplished. We help you in preparing the income tax return in the form prescribed by the Income Tax Department.
Our approach in filing the income tax return:
- Collecting the data and information related to income and expenses,
- Preparing the final income tax return in a spreadsheet,
- Approving the final return from our client,
- Filing the return on income tax website and sending back the documents and acknowledgment
Other Income Tax Advisory Matters:
We help the expatriates to obtain a PAN card from the Income Tax Department. We also help them to obtain other certificates or forms from the income tax authorities who will help them in planning their taxes quickly and efficiently.
Our experts have enormous experience of handling income tax matters for expatriates and our proven methodology and adoption of leading practices help us provide a tax tension free environment to the foreign nationals.
Obtaining Income-tax Clearance from tax authorities:
According to provisions of income tax laws, an expatriate cannot leave India before obtaining an Income Tax Clearance Certificate from Assessing Officer who certifies that the expatriate has paid all the due taxes. We help the expatriates in obtaining the income tax clearance certificate from the tax authorities by completing all the formalities and submitting the necessary documents for quick and hassle-free processing. Our experts also help in canceling all the registrations including FRRO registration that you don't have to face any problem at the time of immigration.
If you are looking forward to Taxation Service or Tax Preparation for Expatriates (Expats), Best Expatriate NRI tax consultants/consultation, You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.