Indians are closely related to jewellery, be it worn on occasion, for daily use or using it as a gift to somebody.
Also, they expect the jewellery they buy to be pure and free from each and every kind of adulteration.
For this purpose, the government has certain certificates that can assure the customers about the purity of the jewellery they buy.
The jewellers have to register on BIS to prove the purity of the goods they sell.
BIS stands for Bureau of Indian Standards. It is a nationalised standard body which was established under the 2016 BIS Act.
The government of India made it mandatory for BIS to give hallmarks to gold in the year 2000 and to silver in the year 2005.
It was done to provide the citizens of India with pure jewellery which is free from adulteration.
The registration under the BIS act is provided under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs regulation, food and public distribution.
BIS Manak online
Manak online hallmarking is necessary for the jewellers who wish to continue with the process of selling the jewellery with earning customer confidence as proposed by the government of India under BIS.
This process is done by BIS manak online. However, Manak online hallmarking is regulated by BIS ( Bureau of Indian Standards ).
Procedure for Manak online hallmarking ( BIS manak online )
- Open the official website of BIS manak online.
- Click on the login button at the top of the window.
- Click on create a new account.
- You will get a registration form.
- Fill out the registration form by providing all the details it has asked for.
- first name
- last name
- date of birth
- address proof
- mobile number
- Click on OK
- You have successfully created an account on BIS manak online.
- Again, open the home page of BIS manak online to continue with the process of manak online hallmarking.
- Click on the hallmarking icon and click on new registration.
- Provide them with all the required documents and fill up the form to complete the procedure of manak hallmarking on the website BIS manak online.
- The documents which are required to complete the procedure of manak online hallmarking are :
a. Self-attested copy that proves the establishment of the firm
b. Certificate of Registration of the business, which the registrar of the companies
- You need to submit a partnership deed copy if it is a partnership firm.
- For Proprietorship, a copy of certified obtained by a chartered accountant
- Trade license obtained by the registrar of the companies
- Copy of VAT registration
- Lease agreement
- NOC ( no objection certificate ) for the area you have
- Corporate bank details
- Electricity or telephone bill
- The latest income tax return filed
- A certificate of commencement of business issued by the registrar of companies
- A certificate of a corporation for the business issued by the registrar of companies
- A map is required as proof of location for the premises
- The latest form-AOC 4, filled under the regulations of the ministry of corporate affairs
The owner and the members associated with the firm should provide the details given below:
- Passport size photo
- Aadhar card
- Driving license
- PAN card
- Bank details
- Identity card issued by a gazetted officer under the regulations of the municipality
Any of the above-given documents can be used as proof to complete the manak online hallmarking process.
- Upon completing the process of providing the documents and verification, you need to pay the BIS hallmark registration fees. The payable fee for the process of application is 1000 INR.
- After paying the BIS hallmark registration fees, you are done with the BIS manak online registration procedure.
BIS hallmark registration fees
The BIS hallmark registration fees depend on the turnover you have. The following table describes the BIS hallmark registration fees for the jewellers :
Turnover as described
BIS hallmark registration
Less than 5 crores INR
7500 INR per branch you have
Between 5 crores INR and 25 crores INR
15000 INR per branch you have
Between 25 crores INR and 100 crores INR
40000 INR per branch you have
Above 100 crores INR
80000 INR per branch you have
The BIS hallmark registration fees are described in the table above.
Rules and regulations to be followed after receiving the manak online hallmarking certificate under the BIS manak online:-
■ The GST invoices should be prepared for each and every piece of jewellery sold separately.
■ Everything sold by him must match the carat value exactly as proposed. Im case of adulteration, he should also provide the customer compensation.
■ Each and everything should have a label mentioning the carat value.
■ The original hallmark should be displayed with each jewel.
■ No compromise should be made with the quality of the jewels.
■ In case of a change in address of the premises, the owner should file for the change in address to the BIS ( BUREAU OF INDIAN STANDARDS). An application fee of 2000 INR is charged for any such change.
■ The bills issued by the owner to the customers should clearly mention the weight, carats, and hallmarking value.
It is very important for anybody engaged in the business of selling jewellery to get the hallmark using BIS manak online.
This is to be done to assure the customers about the standards and purity of the jewellery they are buying.
Customers should refrain from buying any jewellery that does not have a hallmark under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs regulations, food and public distribution.
FAQ related to Bis Registration
1. What is the BIS hallmark?
The government has certain certificates which can assure the customers about the purity of the jewellery they buy. The jewellers have to register on BIS to prove the purity of the goods they sell. BIS stands for Bureau of Indian Standards. It is a nationalised standard body which was established under the 2016 BIS Act. It provides the jewellery with hallmarks to confirm its purity of the jewellery.
2. What are the documents required for BIS manak online registration?
The documents which are required for BIS manak online registration are: -
Trade license obtained by the registrar of the companies, Copy of VAT registration, Lease agreement, NOC ( no objection certificate ) for the area you have, Corporate bank details, Electricity or telephone bill, Latest income tax return filed, A certificate of commencement of business issued by the registrar of companies, A certificate of a corporation for the business issued by the registrar of companies, etc.
3. What are BIS hallmark registration fees?
The BIS hallmark registration fee is based on the turnover as described above in the document.
4. What should I do if I know somebody who is selling jewellery with fake hallmarks?
It would be best if you complained to BIS regarding the matter.
Contact Us for Trademark Registration Online, Service Tax Registration, GST Registration Online, Accounting Service For Startups , ESOP Services in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, and all across India: write to us at email@example.com. Or Call On :(+91)-9711021268 +91-9310165114