ESOP Plan Administration
- Introduction to planning administration
- Tasks carried out in Plan Administration
- Procedure to be followed in Plan Administration
- Ensures security measures provided
ESOP(employee stock option plan) supports plan administration needs. Well, when we talk about plan administration, it means a person or company responsible for managing a retirement fund or a pension plan on behalf of its participants and beneficiaries. The plan administrator ensures the funds are properly collected and distributed to all qualified participants.
Well, ESOP services are usually done via an online platform but can be an on-site service as well.
If we dig deeper, it includes ongoing administration, tracking of options, tax calculation, employee communication, and online reporting.
Other Tasks which are included in plan administration are-
- Enrolling company employees in their respective pension plans
- Calculating a plan beneficiary's entitlement
- Making the correct scheduled payments to beneficiaries
- Make sure all plan data is accurate and is provided to participants in a timely manner
- Paying pension benefits to ex-spouses of beneficiaries, according to court rulings and regulations
- Fielding questions, concerns, and complaints from beneficiaries
The process works like individual option holders access their ESOP information and status through a secured password and log in. On the other hand, corporate are given separate management access based on the role that allows them access to company information and reports.
At last, to ensure the client's safety and security measures, industry best practices to follow up are-
- Process and IT security
- Platform hosted with third-party service providers
- Disaster recovery and business continuity
- Information and data security controls
- SSL certified authorization review process
- Client audits